Around noon on last Sunday afternoon a huge explosion was heard throughout Laguna Niguel. After experts researched the area it was deduced that a pyrex pan containing Betty Crocker three cheese potatoes combusted after being subjected to extreme heat from an electric stovetop burner. The suspect equated with this accident who shall further be known as M.O.Y. (Mother of the Year) was said to have put a pot of water on to boil and left the pyrex pan also on the stovetop while she went about other duties in another room of the town house. Apparently, M.O.Y. mistakenly turned on the wrong burner and was in fact, heating the pyrex pan full of potatoes instead of the pot of water. M.O.Y. responded quickly when the commotion was heard. Upon arrriving at the scene M.O.Y acted quickly to put out a small potatoe fire that was occuring on said burner by turning it off and brushing aside the flaming potatoes and moulton pyrex. If eye witnesses are to be believed, shards of glass flew all the way out of the kitchen, across the living room and landed near the large picture window. Luckily, no civilians were in the area at the time of the accident. It took crews nearly an hour and a half to clean up the debris and when they were finished, they enjoyed only half of the intended meal, (a delicious homemade meatloaf!) And in answer to the question on everyone's mind...Yes, Mother of the Year feels extremely stupid and has been placed on temporary kitchen probation!
17 hours ago