Monday, April 6, 2009

Not that good after all...

As some of you may have heard, Charlie suffered a terrible accident yesterday. He fell from the 2nd story bedroom window of our apartment. He rolled off of a small roof and landed approximately 18 feet below in a flower bed. He was taken to the emergency room and observed overnight in the PICU. He was released late this morning with only a few scrapes and bruises. It was absolutely the most horrifying experience of my life and I cannot thank Heavenly Father enough for protecting my son so completely. He seems to be doing quite well now that we are home and was practically jumping for joy when he got to have his IV taken out! He is such a brave little guy and it is a sweet experience to have my children healthy and back together again. The older kids were so concerned for their brother and we are all so pleased that he is home and safe and happy. And in case you were wondering, we've already rearranged the furniture in our bedroom so that no one can even think about getting on the window sill again. All windows have been permanently locked and will never be opened again. And no there are no pictures. I do not wish to remember this weekend at all! Thank You Everyone for Your concern and Prayers on our family's behalf.

4 comments:

Steve & Julie said...

I was seriously sick thinking about Charlie when you were on the way to the hospital. I am so so so glad that he is doing so well.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds like such a nightmare. I'm so glad to hear he is okay. That truly is a miracle.

Cortney said...

Glad our little bulldog is safe and sound. Love you Bubbas!

Becca said...

we love our charlie-barley!