Monday, August 3, 2009

relations and creations...?


Eric and I celebrated our 6th anniversary on August 2nd. Since the San Diego Temple was going to be closed from July 27th until the middle of August we decided to move the party up a week and we got to spend the day in the temple on the 24th of July. It was incredible. We did a session which we didn't do last year when we were sealed and this was the first time we've gone back to that temple since then. So we did the session and then we came out and had a picnic lunch and went to the distribution center outside the temple. Then we got to go in the cafeteria and have some yummy ice cream. After that we got to participate in some sealings. Something we have never done before. All I can say is AMAZING. We definitely need to do that again. Eric got to participate in the sealing of a living 89 year old man to his parents. It was very sweet and the perfect way to spend our anniversary. We decided this will definitely be a tradition every year.

On another note, we are moving next week and we have been making due with a 4 seater table that we have had since we got married. It has been a good table and served us well but I have been dying to have my whole family be able to sit together for a meal since there are 5 of us (soon to be 6) and only 4 chairs. We found this gem on craigslist for $20. It started out as one of those ugly oak with white legs tables and it came with 6 chairs! I haven't attempted the chairs yet since we are so busy with packing and such but here's how the table turned out. I'm pretty excited about it. Eric seems to be a little shy with the bright color on such a big piece of furniture but I'm sure he'll learn to love it!



4 comments:

Steve & Julie said...

Happy Anniversary. I know I am a loser because I didn't call you yesterday. I did think about it three separate times though. I am sorry that I didn't follow through on that. I am happy that you have a table for your whole family now, I am sure the blue will grow on Eric :)

Becca said...

love it.

Jilleen said...

I'm glad you were able to go to the temple to celebrate. I hope your move is going well, but I wish we were closer so we could help. Looks like it will be a happy table with all of you around it. :)

Bryan and Sunny Tringali said...

Love the table, very cute!!