Monday, October 5, 2009

Keeping Score

It has been over a week since Hudson's birth. Let's see how Mom's doing, shall we?

My boobs have literally doubled in size.
**1 point: Mom

The newborn has a most difficult time latching on to the afore mentioned due to the fact that the milk flows so freely it eliminates the need to do anything but open his mouth and swallow.
**1 point: newborn

I decorated the house for Halloween with the cutest little hand made decorations for freeeee!
**1 point: Mom

You would be hard pressed to find the decorations under the mess that is slowly threatening to take over the house. Perhaps I should have spent a few hours cleaning yesterday instead of paper crafting?
**1 point: kids

I cooked a large hot homemade meal yesterday.
**1 point: Mom

I didn't do the dishes and the kitchen is trashed. I only had one clean cup this morning so they all shared the one cup...don't judge. It was a matter of survival.
**1 point: kids

I got everyone fed, bathed, combed and dressed (including socks!) ten minutes Before school starts! I even put on make-up and jeans!
**1 point: Mom

In the end, it took me a total of 45 minutes start to finish to get everyone into a carseat with buckles on, drive 2 blocks to the school,park a half mile away from the stinking school due to lack of parking, unpack the mammoth stroller, unbuckle the kids, find a huge glob of toothpaste in Charlie's hair, tame Kensie's "I don't want to put my shoes back on I want you to carry me!" tantrum, yell at Bryce who is already halfway to the school to slow down, walk him into the classroom 10 minutes late and have his teacher with a sickeningly sweet smile ask me to "please make every effort to try to be on time from now on?", fume back to the car, get the remaining children buckled into car seats, wrestle the stoller back into the trunk, and drive the 2 blocks home. Oh! And the jeans I put on? elastic waistband...enough said.
**1 point: kids (well played...)

Wow! It looks like it's a tie at 4 points for each side! Maybe it's not so bad after all! Way to go, Me!


...but wait! We have a last minute addition to the tally! I just typed this entire post one handed! ** 1 point: newborn.

It's official: Mom is losing...

3 comments:

The Ensign's said...

Hey in my book you're doing GREAT if you did ALL that and you've got a newborn just over a week old.

-10 additional points for mom!

Jilleen said...

Love this post.... I agree, 10 additional points for you! You are doing great and for the record, it does get easier! :) It must because somehow I ended up thinking I'm NOT crazy for adding another to our family....

Jess said...

I love the post and Bryn is dying to come see you guys.