Thursday, October 29, 2009

Slap my face and call me Country


If You know me at all, then you know that I absolutely abhor being outside. I don't like the way it makes me feel or smell. So last Saturday I took one for the team and we took the kids to a Gorgeous Farm up past Riverside. It took us a little over an hour to get there but it was totally worth it! It was beautiful. Bryce said as soon as he got out of the car with a huge smile on his face, " Mom, do you know how I know this is a real farm? Because it has real mud!" I guess we need to get out more! It's a place called Riley's Farm and they had a colonial settlement and a frontier settlement that you could explore. Pumpkins on the vine and all kinds of other fruits and veggies you could pick yourself. We even got to press our own fresh apple cider! It was so much fun and we'll definitely be making the drive back in December for Christmas at the Colonies!! I can't wait!

The kids were so funny looking for their pumpkins. They each took so much time deciding on theirs but in the end they each found their perfect pumpkins.

They got to go on a free hayride. Can you tell Bryce was excited?
These are the apples we were about to press. Oh and Kensie's dirty face!

This is the press that they used like a hundred years ago to do the same thing we did!

It was harder than it looked!
We found Steven and Cortney and they helped us press the cider.

Washing was definitely Ryker's favorite part of the process. Although, I'm fairly certain he had diarrhea from drinking all that nasty apple water!
And just for Aunt Becca are some obligitory Hudson pics!


This binky looks a lot bigger in the picture than it does in real life!





8 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my gosh that baby is absolutely adorable!!!! Glad you guys had a good time.

Jilleen said...

I still think it's funny you hate being outside. :) Looks like you all had a great time. We were boring this year and didn't do anything fun like that. Oh well! Hudson sure is a cutie.... thanks for sharing some pics of him.

Anonymous said...

your kids are adorable. especially that new one--- so cute!!

Cortney said...

good times... good times.

Steve & Julie said...

I love the Hud man's peach fuzzy hair. He is adorable. It looks like you had a lot of fun at the real farm. I can't believe how big your kids are getting in your absence.

Jess said...

Super fun I love updates on the blog. And that happy shot of Bryce doesn't look like Bryce.

The Cederlinds said...

Hey you guys must be closer than I thought we go to Rileys farm.. and it is the kidergardeners fall fieldtrip! Be sure to get one of their homemade apple pies they are the BEST!

Kerstin said...

on the 4th one of bryce does not look like bryce