Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First ever Field Trip!


Bryce recently went on his very first field trip to Newport Back Bay which is a natural estuary, where the salt water meets the fresh water. There are supposed to be over 200 different species of birds among lots of other animals. When he got back I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said it was his first time ever riding on a bus! I asked him what else he liked and he said, "That's it!"

The other kids wanted a picture taken in front of the bus.




Saying goodbye. I think the little kids were more excited to see Bryce off than he was to go on the field trip.

I have to say that it was more nerve racking than I ever thought possible to send him off. I didn't sleep the whole night before and I had a mini panic attack just before they drove away. I had a really hard time just putting him on a bus with a driver I don't know, hoping that he wouldn't wander off and get lost and come back in tact at the end of the day. I totally cried after I got in the car and watched the bus drive away. Who does that?? It's official. I live in Crazytown!

No comments: