Saturday, October 11, 2008

Family Fun...Frenzy? (I couldn't think of another word that started with F)

So Today we had so much fun it almost kills me! Literally. It's a lot of work to have fun with 4 1/2 toddlers! But we did it didn't we! Today was our neighborhood's fire station open house and luckily we live right up the street from the station. I had this great idea to walk. It's down hill on the way to the station. I didn't really take into account the walking home back uphill with 2 strollers and 3 other adults who are not accustomed to walking up said hill. So I'm very sorry guys! I think I may have killed my brother in law. But it was worth it right? It only took you guys 15 minutes to recover! haha really though. Here are some pictures from the open house.

The Cousin Friends becoming junior fire fighters

Ryker got to be one too
What would you do if this crew showed up at your house to put out the fire?
SCARY

Had to post this one of Cute Roxie

They each got a turn to hold the hose. They said when the water is coming out of it they have to have at least 3 guys holding it or they can't control it!

Kensie's Turn

The Fire Station's New Mascots
The cutest little Fire Fighter Ever!
Now You know why my husband married me. One word: GODDESS

So HOT! (hehe pardon the pun!)
Charlie was there too I swear! He's too squirelly. He doesn't stay long enough for us to get his picture! Luckily He starts nursery in 2 weeks!

The fire fighters were very friendly and very enthusiastically informative. One of them even offered to come to our house to fix our smoke detector! The kids had fun climbing all over the truck and trying on the uniforms. Eric and I jumped in there too. Man those suits are heavy! And they have to get them on in less than 60 seconds!! Those guys are amazing! Then we came home and watched Wall-E and made Fried Ramen for Dinner which is a most delicious and economically friendly meal! Steven found it on his mission and passed it on to us. It cost us about $3 to feed 8 people. So Yummy! Then we took a little trip to the pumpkin patch.

They had these fun wagons you could use to haul your friends and your finds!


Pumpkin Friends!

Charlie LOVED those tiny pumpkins!

Cute Roxie with her little pumpkin


B & K with their picks

Heading out to the car with our Treasures!
The sign said they had pumpkins on the vine and I guess that wasn't a complete lie. The guy did have one vine with a few scrawny pumpkins on it and the rest of the pumpkins were housed under a big tent NOT ON A VINE! BOO! Anyway, He let all the kids pick a tiny pumpkin for free which was really nice of him and then we bought a couple of big ones to carve in a few weeks. We really did have such a fun day with all the kids. Hopefully creating some more of those GOOD memories. Oh and my new found candy obsession? Caramel Apple Sugar Babies. yum-O!
BTW: You can view the rest of our adventures on my new facebook album!

4 comments:

Becca said...

i guess my invite is lost in the mail...

Kimberly said...

Oh that....haha yeah must be lost in the mail...yeah

Bryan and Sunny Tringali said...

WOW!! Looks like you guys are always doing something fun!! I love all the pics.

Steve & Julie said...

Very busy! I love Kensie in the huge pants. What a bunch of fun for you all.