Friday, October 3, 2008

Of kitty tales and Frogs ...



First of all, Kensie is a little pixie. She makes us laugh a hundred times a day. Seriously, I think she stays up all night working on her material for the next day. Anyway lately when I do her hair, this is how it goes:
Me: "ok what do you want? A ponytail, pig tails, braids or wear you hair down?"
K: "No Mom, I want a Kitty Tail, right here." brushing her hand down the side of her face onto her neck.

hahaha I tried to think of a kitty tail hairstyle and what it would look like. We decided it was her bangs pulled back and put into a braid. She loves it and now I don't even need to ask which hairstyle. We know it will be a kitty tail every time!



Aaand, Thank You SO much Aunt Cortney for Scarring my child for LIFE! Sound Familiar?
Kensie: "Mommmy I have to sleep in my bed the froggy is going to get me!! Did you hear that? he's coming! Hurry go to sleep so the froggy won't get you!"
I guess I should be thanking you because now Kensie will stay in her bed and go to sleep for fear of "the froggy". Granted she now whimpers and talks herself to sleep saying " he's not real, the froggy is nice. the froggy won't bite me he's nice..." But she's staying in bed so it's a start.
It's all good. After all, If we didn't have family to scar us for life, who would? Who would...

3 comments:

Cortney said...

HAHAHA! Steven said, "Why would she be scared of a frog? Frogs don't even have teeth??" It wasn't my fault!!

Steve & Julie said...

Poor thing. Hopefully she will grow out of that, frogs are fairly common :) I love the conversations kids have every day, it is so entertaining.

Becca said...

please continue to scar the children Cort, my place as the favorite aunt will be secure for life!